Sunday, August 13, 2006

Half a century plus ten...

Well it really is the week for birthdays in my family. Last Sunday it was me turning 31. Wednesday Mum turned 50 and today my aunt turned 60. While she is still young at heart, her health is not so great so it wasn't a huge event, but I must admit we had the most delicious lunch at Lloyds Restaurant just below the Maritime Museum. It was nice to see her surrounded by some of the people she has met in her very eventful lifetime. I did feel kind of sad that my uncle wasn't there to share it with her; as I am sure she was. Actually one of my problems with going home is Elly being left here on her own. It must really suck not having any family about and I know for sure when the time comes it will be a very sad day and it will not be fun saying goodbye at all. I know it won't be the last time that I see her and I know for sure that there will be plenty of text messages and pictures sent back and forth. Greg and I, along with the rest of the family gave her a digital camera for her birthday, so there will be no excuse. She's pretty up there with technology so I'm sure she'll have no problems figuring out how to use it, plus we're going to give her lessons. But, it won't be the same as being here with her! The best thing is after today, I know she has a few good friends who will always be there for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice one Leo