Monday, December 04, 2006

All good things must come to an end...

Well we're back in Holland and the first thing I've noticed is the drop in the temperature. I must admit it has been great being outside all weekend and enjoying some mighty fine weather - thanks for the show Barcelona.
Well After returning to Barcelona from Sitges last night, we ended up chilling out in our room for a bit. We were still really full for an amazing afternoon of good friends, good food and good wine. Once we recovered some energy we hit the shower to prepare for a night out. After trying out a couple of different bars, we decided to head to Arena. We had been there before and had a good time, so we thought it would be worth paying another visit. Well it was a long night of drinking and dancing which finished I think about 6am this morning.
Obviously I woke up this morning with a rather obvious little hangover and that overwhelming feeling of not enough sleep. I really just wanted to spend the day curled up in bed, but alas it was only 1hr 15mins til heck out time so I had to get moving. After a fairly long shower I managed to summon the energy to get dressed and pack my bag. My main motivation at this point was some greasy food and what better than a bocadillo con bacon y queso.
Anyway the weather was great so I decided to walk off the hangover. After more than an hour of wondering about, hangover still in force I decided the only option left was for a 'hair of the dog' and like any old faithful - mission accomplished.
Being such nice weather I took the opportunity to sit in the beer garden at Cafe Bar Acuma. After a short wait we were also joined by some old friends Naysa and Andreas. Naysa we met 3 years ago when we were first in Barcelona and doing our washing in a laundromat. Naysa is from Venezuela, but is setting up a life for herself in Spain. When we first met Naysa, she couldn't really speak any English, but she's got a lot better over the last few years. Needless to say though, the conversations till involves quite a bit of gesture. Sometime sit feels more like a game of Charades. Anyway it was great to see them again. It's been over a year.
Well as the title says - "All good things must come to an end..." At 4.28pm this afternoon, we took the train to the airport, checked in and started in motion the procedures to return back home to Rotterdam, but not before doing some "tax free" shopping. We we're hoping to go back in February for Carnival in Sitges. No doubt we'll be back soon enough. I love the place to much not to get back there as soon as I can!

No comments: