Monday, December 11, 2006

Blogs live on forever...

I was just looking through the Couch Surfing website and the Hospitality Club website in preparation for my trip away at Christmas and New Years when I cam across a story about a young lady from Poland who travelled the world for 7 years. She had yearned always to go to Africa and unfortunately while she was there caught Cerebral Malaria and died.
However, she had kept an amazing blog of all her experiences of travelling with some very impressive photos. All from her perspective. As I read through it, I realised that maybe she is gone physically, but because of her blog and her 'free spirit' a part of her lives on for the rest of the world to share in. I wish technology like this had been around when my Nan was still alive - I'd love to be able to look back over her stories.

If you would like to read Kinga's blog or see some of the photos she took on her journey - CLICK HERE!

No comments: