Thursday, January 18, 2007

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore...

It's been some day today. I woke up feeling particularly shite after drowning my sorrows last night in a bottle of red wine. I didn't sleep much as I had another 'meeting' with my manager yesterday which needless to say has not done much for my self esteem nor my motivation for working. Not only did I awake feeling rancid, I awoke to a morning which had winds blowing a gale and the rain coming down in buckets. I then had to face 14 new trainees at work and tell them what a great place it is to embark on a new career. All the while this was going on outside...
The weather was so wild we had to send people home from work early. The national rail system was shut down and buses and trams were suspended. The streets looked like an umbrella grave yard and people were left to arrive home with a very wind swept look.
Anyway January 18th 2007 has been a great day! I just can't wait for another one like it...

Read More or Watch a Video of the devastation faced as the storms took their hold on Europe.
(Photo from the BBC Website - In Pictures: Storms lash Europe.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really Nice blog!

Good continuation in Slovakia and cheers from Madrid

Nicolas and Nora




http://whatsupinmadrid.blogs-de-voyage.fr/

Anonymous said...

Ello Cuz,

Just winding down before I pop off to sleep before my first official day back at school. Amazing how quickly that holiday feeling can f@#% right off, no?

Keep on keeping on bub. I like reading what you are up to.

xx

Jac in Melb.