Thursday, September 14, 2006

It's easy to forget.

"It wasn't until much later when she started noticing signs. Nothing big at first. Little things, small hard-to-read clues left for her to see. Some name calling in school, a comment from a perceptive teacher, and the fact that all his friendships were with girls.

Then the anger came. Not hers, his. She watched as her sunny, luminous kid was becoming burdened with dark silence, afflicted with rage. She could feel the blinds coming down on the windows of his soul." Read more... (Excerpt from Shades of Grey)

Reading this I remember how lucky I am to have the family I have. While they are all amazing in their own way, my Mum is special. She has taken all that life has thrown at her; which has not always been easy - in her stride. If she is pained by all that she has endured, she hides it very well. She is strong and maybe she has just come to accept things as they are. I miss her, I miss them all. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am.

No comments: