Saturday, November 25, 2006

Delivering bad news is never easy.

It's been difficult to get in contact with Andreas and Emmanuel while they have been travelling in Malaysia and to be perfectly honest, all week I've just had no idea how to tell them what happened. It's been a miserable week and the place still feels empty without Purnama. Anyway this morning I sent an email to Emmanuel and Andreas to let them know what's happened. Obviously it's not ideal to send an email, but I think they would want to know and well right now in this situation it's the easiest way to get in contact with them. There is no other way to describe sending that email than SHIT. It was quite hard doing that, so I have no idea how the police and doctors bring themselves to the point of informing families about the death of loved ones. I have a very healthy respect for their ability to be able to detach from the emotion of it. Now I'll wait to hear back from them - hopefully. I just hope they know we would never have intentionally hurt him.

No comments: