Saturday, November 04, 2006

What a pain in the arse...

Well thankfully not! Although, there were a couple of walking wounded by the end of the day. That's right, today was Boys Day Out. Our good mate Pete will be heading back to the UK next week and well he thought it would be a good idea to have a final bonding session with all his pals here in Holland. After an early rise we took a 2 hr drive to Rheeze which is past Zwolle in the East of Holland. On arrival we suited up and for two and half hours we got to shoot at each other with with paint balls. It was great! I've never felt so powerful - then again, I've never held a gun of any type before - don't worry I'm not going to run wild with a real one. Despite having been preordained the underdog of the day, I actually proved that I could hold my own. I even won, one of the games and was always in the last two of the others. The most fun part of this game was when we got Pete dressed up in a bunny suit and we his friends were allowed to take target practice at the poor little bunny.
Once the shooting was over it was time to quad bike. We did this for another 1.5hrs. It was great, although I must admit after stepping off the bike I did feel like I had been riding a horse for 1.5 days. It's coming in to Winter so the sun is down fairly early these days and so 1730hrs brought with it the end of the day. Click here to see more Boys Day Out.
Just joking tonight is the infamous Baja Beach Club for some drinking and maybe even a bit of boogie!

(Injury Pics)

No comments: