Thursday, July 20, 2006

Put your weight behind it...

It's no secret I've always battled with my weight. I'm not one of those fortunate few who can eat and drink whatever they like and continue to look like a model. In fact I'm the exact opposite - I smell food and the kilos just attach themselves to my thighs, backside and love handles. Today however, the heat was turned up on this topic.
Last night I saw an episode of 'Oprah' for the first time in at least two years. Uncannily enough it was about weight loss and of course Oprah packed the show full of as many success stories as she could. Obviously it's motivating to view, but I felt slightly ripped off that I didn't get all the free gifts the audience got. Each person left the studio with a new work out outfit, exercise equipment for the home and a book with some 12 week kick-start program. All I got however was a conversation from about 5 different people who I never knew were Oprah fans, but somehow all managed to watch the show last night.
Today still feeling a bit flat and tired after yesterdays goings on, I decided to indulge in a 'swirl' graciously paid for by work. I never knew as I tucked in to an ice-cream mixed with fresh strawberries and chocolate pieces, that I would be met by the viewers of last nights episode of Oprah and of course two other people who had read my blog - Is exercise necessary? Confronted with questions such as "How do you expect to lose weight eating that?" I defiantly ate away at my ice-cream hiding the fact that their questions were actually slicing through me like a knife. Now I'm left with the question - Do you have to give up everything you enjoy to lose weight? Anyway I walked for more than an hour again tonight. I took a different route; just for a change in scenery. The picture attached here is a view of the sun setting over Rotterdam.

4 comments:

Xixi said...

Were we really all watching the show?? Its amazing how many presents they got ..isnt it? pff i wanted them too...maybe then id get an extra motivation to go sporting...

Just for the record,i tried to lose weight,but was never able to give completely up the swirls!

C@B said...

My friend don't believe that someone can eat everything and not get love handles...

It's just a question of priorities... and how much you want a thing. If you don't fight for it enough is because you don't want it that bad, so stop worring about that thing!

(about weight, let me tell you that a break-up can do miracles for a guy...lol)

C@B said...

...by the way, thanks for sharing a bit of the beauty you saw during your walking...

Anonymous said...

hmmm, remember....little we need, plenty we want! This counts for food also.